The Fred Mueller Saddlery & Harness Company was opened in 1891 at the Historical Landmark address of 1415 Larimer Street Denver Colorado. The Fred Mueller Company was in business until the early 1960s as premiere supplier of everything from Saddles to Ranchwear. The company was actually named Fred Mueller Saddles & Ranchwear somewhere around 1917 when Fred Mueller sold the Company to his employees. Fred Mueller was born around the end of the Civil War in the mid 1860s in St. Louis Missouri and lived until 1924 where he died in Denver Colorado. It was based on the Fred Mueller belief that a cowboy should be able to satisfy all his needs in one place, that led to his employees renaming the Company to reflect that fact. Also they sold a wide variety of Cowboy gear like Saddles, Spurs, Tack, Gun Leather, Chaps, Hats, Boots and much more. The Company was originally placed within a couple of blocks of the first Wells Fargo Office in Denver, Colorado and where another famous saddle maker laws located, namely The Hermann H. Heiser Saddle Company. Even with the competition of H. H. Heiser, the Fred Mueller Saddlery & Harness Company achieved great things. The Fred Mueller Company was always known for building a strong sturdy dependable saddle that any cowboy could rely on anytime.