A.B. Egland History - Douglas, Arizona 1919-1941


In Douglas, Arizona approximately 1919 A. B. Egland started a Saddle Shop with his partner Emil Frankenpohl and they remained in business as partners until 1923. A. B. Egland remained in Douglas, Arizona making saddles and his ex-partner Emil Frankenpohl moved south to Nogales, Arizona to continue making saddles. A. B. Egland was in business until his death in 1941 when the shop was taken over by an employee J. L. White. The shop continued operations making saddles and offering a full service leather shop until the 1970s. (In 1941 the maker mark was changed to the J. L. White mark).

Egland makers mark